Receptionist Assistant Robot

We already knew that it is difficult for a robot to bring a drink. Nevertheless, Microsoft sees strategic opportunities to develop an assistant robot that can support people at work in collecting a drink.



Strategic Prototyping Team

We demonstrated a robot to assist (not replace) a human receptionist. Our design philosophy is based on Reddy's 90 percent AI principle for cooperation between humans and robots: 90 percent of routine tasks are handled by a robot, while the remaining 10 percent of exceptional tasks are handled by a human. The receptionist is the leader and the robot is a follower; the robot works only under the leader. Using this principle, we have designed and implemented functionalities for this assistant robot, such as a knowledge engine to increase the receptionist's ability to answer questions, a situation engine to communicate the receptionist's needs and a conversation engine for verbal interaction with the receptionist and clients.

Advertisement
Would you like to advertise on our site?

Ratings & reviews

Receptionist Assistant Robot
Be the first to rate Receptionist Assistant Robot
Your rating:

Companies

Receptionist Assistant Robot Related companies


Advertisement

Categories

Receptionist Assistant Robot can be found in the following categories


Advertisement

Shop


Advertisement
Would you like to advertise on our site?

Images and video

Cookies at Robots.nu

Robots.nu uses cookies

We place cookies on your device to give you the best user experience. By using our site, you agree to the placement of these cookies. More information in our Privacy statement

Agree