Robot M.D., is a home care robot that monitors and detects critical situations that require rapid medical help for the elderly and people with cardiovascular diseases. The application includes the use of the NAO robot for detection and an IRobot base for transport.
Key objectives Robot M.D.
- Increase services for patients through wireless ICT technology
- Reduce the cost of regional home care systems
Robot Nao and IRobot base
For the application, the NAO robot for detection and communication and an IRobot base for transport from Robo M.D. are used.
Participants of the Robot M.D. project
The participants examine the best results of remote care for patients in order to make them available to public and private organisations. Robot M.D. promotes the exchange of experiences. The composition of the project group consists of various areas of expertise; physiological modelling, medical and clinical expertise, human pattern recognition, statistical data analysis and prototype building.
- Fontys University of Applied Sciences - North Brabant (NL)
- Institute of Electronic, Information and Communication Technologies (IEIIT)
- Milano Branch (MI) - Lombardy (I)
- University of South Bohemia CB (Pedagogical faculty, department of Physics) South West Bohemia (CZ)
- University of Tartu (Bioinformatics, Algorithmics and Data Mining Group, Department of Computer Sciences) - Tartu (EST)