I-Cybie is manufacturered bySilverlit
Features I-Cybie robot dog
This robot toy has several functions, including: Come here, Rollover, step back, body trembling, speaking, Lie Down, dance, SHAKE HAND, SIT, WAVE, and a HEAD STAND!
- It can be programmed to respond only to its owner's voice.
- I-Cybie robot dog also detects edges, thus it should stop before the edge of a table or a staircase.
- Walls and other obstacles are detected.
- I-Cybie can detect changes in movements and ambient light.
- Its sensors are sophisticated enough to determine the direction of a sound.
- Touch sensors help I-Cybie to determine when it is stroked.
- After about 20 to 30 minutes of inactivity, I-Cybie goes into sleep mode.
- I-Cybie also has smart sensor technology that allows him to find its charging station and plug itself in to be recharged.
- Batteries last between 1 and 2-1/2 hours.
- The robot can interact with other i-Cybie robots using a built-in IR communicator.
- Not as powerful as the famous Sony AIBO, but considerably less expensive.
- Unfortunately, the programming is difficult to change and it is not capable of independent learning.